Thursday, March 26, 2009

My House

After 33 years, we finally have purchased our first home. It is so wonderful. We have such great plans for it. It is so perfect for us. God has blessed us so much. We have pastored for many years and have always lived in someone else's home. We have had permission to do some things to their house but it was never mine. The congregation would let us do the remodeling but it had to be voted on and passed by the church. You will never know what I mean, till you walk in the shoes of a pastor. We loved pastoring, don't get me wrong. We haven't pastored in about 4 years now. If it is the Lord's will, we would probably pastor again, if it came up at some point and time. I would definately want to have my own home though. So this will be a blessing to have in that since. We have lived in some beautiful homes and some not so beautiful. It was like whatever was dealt your way, you had to live in it. Back in 1980, we lived in a 3 bdrm 1 bath pasonage that was next to the church. The winter was so cold that Wayne, Jonathan (age 1) and I had to stay in one bedroom just to stay warm. When the wind blew, the curtains would move. We brought it before the church that we needed to do something about it. At the meeting, one of the elders of the church said that it was good for his family 70 years ago and it was good enough for us. We did not stay there very long after that. In another parsonage, in another town, the water bugs were so huge, you didn't dare get up at night to go to the restroom. We tried everything to get rid of them and nothing would work. Plus the roof sagged so bad in one bedroom, that the men of the church had to put a brace up inside the rafters. I was so thankful when we left there. So, that is just some of our experiences over the past years. There was 2 parsonages though, that were nice and I enjoyed staying in them. So, you have some idea why I was so wanting my own place. God just let everything work out and I praise Him for it. Again He knew my desire and He came through for me. We are going to have it dedicated soon. I hope that it will be a way that we can have home Bible studies or a home cell group. We want to have it to where we can minister in some way. I can truly say, Thank you, Heavenly Father!

No comments: