Friday, March 13, 2009

Mother


On March 6, 2009, I lost my precious Mother. She struggled for years with COPD/Heart Problems/Diabetes. She fought very hard during these last few months. To see her go from 120 lbs to under 100 lbs. was so difficult. She struggled to get the strength to even eat and drink. She was a child of God. She lived for Him till her last breath. Her hearts desire was to see her children saved. There is still one out of the fold. He knows what he must do, but he is not ready. I will keep praying for him. I miss Mother terribly. I had called her everyday to check on her. I live 3 hrs away, so I could not go to see her as often as I had wanted to. I still want to talk to her everyday. I have looked at the phone and almost picked it up a couple of times to call and then I would remember that she is no longer here. Sometimes, I feel so lost. It seemed like her and Daddy would help keep me together or something. I can't really explain it. I am so joyful though that she and Daddy are together now, after 11 years. I know where she is. I will miss that I could always call her when I needed her to help me pray for something. I know that she always would. I was going through some of her notes, after she left (she always found something to write on) and I found a List of her hearts desires. To name a couple, she listed things like, helping the poor and needy. She wanted to make sure the children were fed. Children were important to her (since she raised 12). She had always wanted a food and clothing closet at church to be able help those in need in the community. She was very missioned minded. She showed me what a true Christian was. She would play her guitar with love for her Lord and love for music. She really had all the Fruit of the Spirit working in her life. She did not lack one that I know of. I want to pattern my life like hers. She left me an heritage and I want to continue and pass it along to my children. I love you Mom and I miss you. I can truly say, "Well done, Mama. I will see you soon."

No comments: