Thursday, November 12, 2009

What do you do?

I remember when Wayne and I were newly married. I loved to go see moma and daddy. I lived just an hour away from them but I went to see them once a week at least. I would call and just say hi. I loved my moma and daddy. I loved to see them and talk with them. Whenever we had a big decision to make about something, we would ask them and Wayne's parents for their input. They would always give us sound advice. Wayne and I have always been close to our parents. They were so part of our lives and we made sure that they were in our boys lives, also. There were times that we experienced things that we thought we could not get through. But our parents were always there for us. They would pray and listen to us. We somehow made it through. When Wayne went through his depression, his parents were there for him. One time we went home to see them. It was just he and I that went. We walked in the house and he sat on the couch. He started to talk about what he had been going through and just started to cry. His mom went right over to him and started to pray and she held on to him and loved him. Parents are the best. I wonder, how you go on everyday and see your children struggle with things that they have experienced in life? How do you reach them to tell them that things will be alright? How do you help them when they are in a deep valley trying to climb their way up that steep mountain? What can you say to help them realize that they do not have to be alone? When your son or daughter is no longer a child but a grown man or woman, how do you let them know that you are still there for them? How can you get them to realize that you love them and want to help them, to hold them? You want to share things with them and be close but sometimes they won't let you near them. What do you do? I have prayed and cried for my boys for a long time. They are great kids. I would not want to change anything about them. They are wonderful men of God. I believe they follow God and listen to His voice. They are leaders of their homes. I am proud of each of them. Even though they are blessed by the Lord the y still struggle. It is so hard sometimes, when I see them go through spiritual fights that I do not know how to help them fight. All I can do is pray for them. I believe our parents did for us. We have got to surround our family with prayer. In Psalms, David said, that "God was a very present help in the time of trouble". I believe that with all of my heart. God is so good. He has proven Himself over and over to Wayne and He has been faithful, everytime. What happens to any of us, does not change who He is. I have been through the loss of both parents and a grandbaby. We will make it. Our sons will make it. Our family will be alright and we will make it. It is hard but we must keep praising. It might be with from our lips for a while, but if we keep praising, it will eventually come from our heart, if we stand faithful. Praise God!

No comments: