Sunday, April 12, 2009

Home With the Lord

Today was the first Resurrection Day, without Mom, Dad and my grandbaby, Raelyn. They are with the Lord. They are seeing Him face to face! They are Praising Jesus, our Risen Lord and soon coming King! This morning on the way to church, I said to Wayne, 'They are with Jesus today'. They aren't sad, hurting or diseased anymore. They all have new life. We can't be sad about that, can we? We have the hope of seeing them again, if we know Christ personally, as our Savior. Sure, we do miss them, greatly. There is not a day that goes by, that they are not far from me. I feel them close to me. Dad has been gone for 12 years now. He still feels just as close to me, as he did then. We are blessed. I am blessed to have had them in my life, as long as I did. Little Raelyn, as Wayne and I held her in her little basket in the hospital room, prayed and dedicated her back to God. Our little flower, is making Heaven more beautiful, with her presence today, on Resurrection Sunday. 'Thank you Jesus, for your love and your saving grace. We have that eternal hope because you gave your life for us'. So, yes they are home with the Lord and someday we will be with them. It is a wonderful thought, isn't it?

2 comments:

Dana said...

I thank God everyday for the sacrifice that was made so that we can see them again. We can't even imagine the joy and peace and excitement they are experiencing!

I love y'all and am praying for you as you continue to deal with your family.

Dana

Barbara said...

It is something, when you just sit and think about it. And you are right, we can only imagine. I love that song that was played at Mother's services, "I Can Only Imagine". That's all that we can do. We have something to look forward to, don't we? I love you so much Dana. You are so special to me.